In this article we will know about Symptoms Of Diabetes
Diabetes is a chronic ailment, which has to be monitored on a regular basis. Many people complain about the abrupt occurrence of this health concern without previous warning signs or symptoms.
How do I know, if I have diabetes?
What indications hint at the presence or Symptoms Of Diabetes? Generally, the symptoms are mild during the early phase of Type 1 Diabetes and only become apparent after reaching a higher level. The severity of type 1 diabetes is more than Type 2 Diabetes. You also need to be watchful about your health and take preventive actions to abate the occurrence of it.
Common Signs & Symptoms Of Diabetes
- Fatigue and Hunger – In the case of diabetes, either the body is incapable of making insulin or the cells cannot up-take the insulin that is present in the body. The cells become devoid of glucose, which causes fatigue and hunger.
- Hazy Vision – Alterations in fluid levels could lead to a swollen lens, changing the shape and focus.
- Frequent Urination – A person urinates four to seven times a day. However, a diabetic person experiences frequent urination. This is because the kidneys are unable to reabsorb the glucose because of high blood sugar levels, which leads to the formation of more urine.
- Thirst – Frequent urination results in increased intake of fluids, thus more thirst.
- Itchy skin and dry mouth – The body releases all the fluid in the form of urine, therefore, a very less amount of moisture is available for other things. This causes dry mouth and dry skin, which causes irritation.
- Infections – A person might experience a yeast infection. This is common in both men and women. Glucose is food for yeast, and in the case of a diabetic person, it is present in plenty, therefore, the infection.
- Sluggish healing process – The presence of high blood sugar in the body affects the blood circulation and eventually causes damage to the nerve. This makes the healing process difficult.
- Numbness or pain in legs or feet – Nerve damage could result in pain and numbness.
It is always advisable to stay alert and notice what your body expresses to you. You can make use of preventive health checkup plans to keep a track of your health. Moreover, consult your doctor immediately, in case you come across any of the above symptoms of diabetes.
For early detection and regular tracking of your blood sugar level, opt for the HbA1C Test at Thyrocare or choose from a wide array of affordable and comprehensive diabetes profiles here. Centered around its state-of-the-art laboratory, Thyrocare provides accurate results while being able to boast a turn-around time of fewer than 24 hours.