A healthy heart is a healthy life, but how do you keep the heart healthy?
The secret to a healthy heart!
“ Eat smart …..stay healthy!! ”
It would be surprising to know that simple changes in the diet and lifestyle can keep our heart healthy for a long period by delaying the onset of diseases!!
Below are a few secret tips to a healthy heart:
1. Exercise- It can bring about an enormous reduction in the accumulation of fat. Following a long-term exercise regimen is an effective method to prevent heart diseases.
2. Phytosterols- These are very similar to cholesterol. It occurs naturally in small quantities in certain plants like corn, soya bean, and sunflower. Thus, consuming them helps to reduce the cholesterol level.
3. Fiber- It can bring about an enormous reduction in the accumulation of fat. Following a long-term exercise regimen is an effective method to prevent heart diseases.
4. Soy products- An important dietary variation that can be made is the replacing of animal protein with vegetable protein like Soy products. Substituting cow milk with soy milk and meat with tofu will lower cholesterol levels.
5. Fish and Fish oils- Eating 200 to 300 grams of fish or shellfish per week can prevent heart diseases. For people who do not consume fish, oils rich in omega 3 fatty acids are recommended.
6. Indian spices- Ginger, garlic, curcumin, cinnamon, black pepper, and coriander which are spices used in every Indian household help in maintaining the cholesterol level and reducing the risk of associated heart disease.
Heart diseases related to the thickening of blood vessels and blockage of the blood flow can be avoided to a great extent. This can be done by preventative measures including a healthy diet and lifestyle. As it is correctly said, “Prevention is always better than cure”.