Top 5 Reasons Why Your Belly Fat Increases

0
2049
belly fat

Reason For your Belly Fat

Most of us dream to have a flat belly or ‘six-pack abs’; but sadly the reality is different, as the prominent Indian population has a bulging belly. The biggest reason behind this is the sedentary lifestyle which we live owing to numerous demands that surround us, like the 9-hour jobs involving sitting continuously at one place, etc., and these end up causing numerous diseases, conditions and also resulting in a bloated belly. Your arms, legs may be in the right shape but, a bloated belly not only damages your personality but also, severely affects your health.

Despite all the consequences it may lead to, we still, manage to ignore it until some health problem arise. Moreover, even the fat around our waist is more dangerous than, being overweight. This is mainly because the fat that accumulates around your belly can even increase your risk of heart diseases, stroke, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and cancer too. Hence, reducing your waistline is the first step towards experiencing healthy living, and opting for a periodical complete health checkup is the second for early detection of health problems due to a bulging belly.

Lose Belly Fat

All of us have belly fat, yes you read it correctly. Even the ones with abs have belly fat but, below the permissible limits. Protruding of the tummy is commonly found in middle-aged individuals, especially women who have been pregnant or men with a habit of heavy intake of alcohol. But, beyond understanding the age group with a high risk of developing around the middle, it is also important to understand the reasons behind it and what you can do to avoid it! The secret behind reducing excess belly fat lies out of reach, beneath our abdominal wall, and is known as visceral fats. Surprisingly, it comprises only 10% of total body fat and the rest 90% is subcutaneous fat. Visceral fat covers vital organs like the liver, pancreas, and intestine to act as a cushion for these organs.

So, now the biggest question in front of you must be exactly what causes this visceral fat to increase beyond the permissible limits. Here are the top 5 reasons your belly fat increases:

1. Diet:

What you eat, will definitely affect your heartbeat. Strange but very true that diet alone plays an 80% role in maintaining everyday health. So, eating junk food, foods which are comprised of high fat and sugar is the biggest reason behind your extra belly fat. Hence, high sugar-containing foods such as cakes, candies, muffins, and flavored beverages such as soft drinks, sweet tea, and artificially sweetener & preservative added juices are a big NO to prevent bloated belly. Also, incorporating lean meats, fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your diet becomes essential.

2. Alcohol & Beer belly:

You must have observed those who consume alcohol frequently tend to have a bloated belly. This is because alcohol slows downs your metabolic rate leading to the burning of lesser calories. And thus, excess calories from alcohol are stored in the form of belly fats called ‘beer belly.

3. Genes:

Your genes can also be responsible for the bulging belly. One of the factors responsible for increasing the paunch is if it is running in your family. According to the family tree, your body shape tends to become either apple-shaped or pear-shaped.

4. Stress:

Cortisol is a ‘stress hormone’ which is secreted by the adrenal glands in response to stressful situations. If it is produced in excess due to recurrent stress, it leads to weight gain in the abdominal region. This is mainly because cortisol hormones send chemical messages to the brain to store more calories to fight against stress.

5. Gut Health:

Any imbalance in gut microflora hampers gut health and indirectly affects the immune system too. Numerous types of bacteria live in our gut, with some being helpful while others being harmful. Any imbalance in these gut microflora can lead to abdominal fat deposition.

Now that you are aware of the reasons for the increase in your belly fat, ensure to take extra precautions and start implementing remedies to enjoy a healthier, happier and more confident life.