6 Ways to Keep a Healthy Mind and Body
In the present day, a majority of us juggle work and personal life. Lack of time leads to unhealthy food choices, and increased stress causes problems like depression, poor focus, and irritable moods. In such a scenario, it is imperative to maintain a healthy mind and body in order to be able to function well in all aspects of our current, fast-paced lives.
It has become so easy to stumble upon health related articles almost everywhere online. What is crucial is to figure out the ones that suit you the best and relentlessly follow it.
“Your body is your temple and your soul is your God. One who has mastered both knows pure joy.”
That being said, this blog aims to offer some handy advice on attaining overall well-being.
Below are a few tips to choose from:
Ways To Gain A Healthy Body
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are packed with important nutrients. To replenish your body, consume at least two servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Substitute that bag of chips with a packet of nuts. It will keep you filled while providing essential nutrients and anti-oxidants.
- Always choose your food wisely. Try to avoid junk and processed food as much as possible. Instead, divide your plate into a well-balanced diet that includes proteins, carbs, minerals, and fiber. Select vegetables from a variety of colors like yellow, green, orange, red, etc.
- Stay away from sugar-rich food and oily or greasy stuff. Unnecessary calories are a threat to your health.
- Consume proteins obtained from oily fish rather than red meat. Lean meat is always a better choice.
- Engage in activities like exercise or yoga, choose stairs over the elevators, try to avoid phones to communicate with colleagues, and opt to personally visit them, all these will help you break out from the sedentary lifestyle.
- At home, you can try out yoga, sports, martial arts, Pilates, running, cycling, swimming, etc. Basically, anything that gets your heart rate increased.
3. Water Intake
- Increase your water intake and cut down on aerated drinks and coffee. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water to cleanse your body of toxins. You can also choose tea and vegetable soup.
- Sleeping is your body’s resting and rejuvenation time. Every day sleep for minimum 7 hours and stick to a fixed sleeping schedule.
- Keep away all the electronic distractions like mobile phones, television, etc., while sleeping.
Ways to gain a healthy mind
- Meditating or deep breathing when you are feeling fatigued, weary, or stressed is one of the best hacks to calm your nerves and quickly achieve relaxation. Sit in a comfortable position and take deep conscious breaths. This will have a calming effect on you and can be practiced anywhere anytime.
2. Positive Behaviour
- Be always grateful for the good things in your life. Cultivating the habit of paying gratitude will attract more positive things in your life.
- Try to be friendly and in good terms with all the people you come across.
Give due importance to personal relationships.
- Giving yourself some ‘me’ time every day will help you recharge and rejuvenate. Give yourself thirty minutes and listen to music, meditate, study, pray, reflect or read a book.