Does the word “heart disease” scare you? Here we bring our concern towards your heart care wrapped up in words below..!
Hear the heartbeats differently this World Heart Day!
29th September is marked as World Heart Day. On this day, people around the globe resonate with the voice for spreading awareness towards Heart diseases. Today, preventive care is gaining attention, as it is a wise decision that can safeguard our lives by protecting our hearts from diseases.
The heart is an important organ that pumps blood throughout the body. Our lifestyle choices greatly influence heart health. To keep it in good shape, the best way is to look after your lifestyle. A balanced nutritional diet, well-planned health checkups, and regular exercise are some secrets to a Healthy Heart.
Risk factors for Heart Diseases
- High blood pressure
- Abnormal blood cholesterol levels
- Too much alcohol consumption
- Excessive tobacco use
- Diseases like Diabetes and Obesity
- Unhealthy diet
- Advancing age
What signs and symptoms you should be cautious about?
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in chest
- Numbness of the face, arm, or leg
- Dizziness and loss of balance or coordination
- Severe headache with unknown cause
What do the statistics say about Heart Diseases?
- One of the leading causes of death worldwide
- Accounts for 31% of deaths worldwide
- 1 out of 4 people die in India with heart-related problems
What approaches can be taken to tackle Heart diseases?
Prevention: It is beneficial to find out and prevent the cause of heart diseases well in advance. As it helps in easy management of the symptoms.
By following these tips, one can lead a quality life and prolong his or her heart’s health to great extent:
- Control blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol.
- Regular exercise and healthy diet intake
- Quit alcohol and smoking
- Manage stress
- Have adequate sleep
Value every beat, as it is an indispensable part of the body, Heart if not taken care of, Can place our survival in doubt…!