Family preventive care strategy – Let’s make a Healthy Family
Family Preventive Care beforehand is always better. Once heath is lost it’s lost forever. Ensure to take smart measures for yourself as well as your family. One such important decision is choosing preventive care strategy.
How preventive care keeps maladies at Bay!
Regular check-ups minimize the chances of getting the disease in the first place and if at all found to be having them, we have time to tackle it. They act as a barrier between us and the enemies of our health. There is a number of tests that can safeguard us from diabetes, thyroid disorders, heart conditions, liver diseases, obesity, deficiency of vitamins and minerals, and many more as:
- Hemoglobin A1c Test (HbA1c) helps to identify as well as monitor the blood sugar levels for the last 3 months.
- Blood glucose test and Fructosamine Test also tells about the blood sugar levels.
2. Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), Thyroxine (T4), and Triiodothyronine (T3) Test detect conditions like hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.
- Free Triiodothyronine (FT3) and Free Thyroxine (FT4) Tests are done for diagnosis as well as observation of related treatment.
3. Liver Disorders
This test tells about the efficient detoxification and transportation of bilirubin, hormones, metal ions, vitamins, and drugs, thus analyzing the working of the liver and the presence of diseases related to it.
4. Heart diseases
Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2), apolipoprotein A (apoA) and apolipoprotein B (apoB) test, and Homocysteine levels are cardiac risk markers. They monitor the levels of cholesterol and indicate the presence of heart diseases, stroke, and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
5. Kidney Diseases
Levels of uric acid, albumin, calcium, creatinine, and blood urea nitrogen (BUN) help to evaluate kidney functions and monitor kidney diseases.
6. Minerals and Vitamins Imbalance
- Testing the levels of minerals and Vitamins can warn you about any deficiency and thus help prevent the diseases it can bring. Also can tell you about the excess of these in the body which is harmful too.
Preventive Care Serves all Age Groups
- Protects everyone, from infants to the elderly.
- For growing children, it offers tests for deficiencies like iron, vitamin, mineral, and nutrient deficiency.
- Adults due to sedentary lifestyles and unplanned diets should get tested for the probability of getting diabetes, thyroid disorders, deficiencies, and imbalance in the level of lipid and cholesterol.
With aging the risk of bone and heart disease increases in elders, so along with the above tests, these two should be checked in them.