What is COVID Antibodies IgG ?
COVID Antibody test is used to recognize individuals with the adaptive immune response against SARS-CoV-2, which indicates a recent or prior infection. Generally, IgG antibodies start to develop after 2 weeks from the onset or after recovering from an infection.
COVID Antibodies IgG (Quantitative) test is a serology test used to assess the antibodies in people exposed to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). It will help to understand an individual’s level of viral exposure, by quantitatively measuring the number of IgG antibodies against it.
COVID Antibodies IgG (Quantitative) test can be useful to
1. Know whether a person has been exposed to SARS-CoV-2
2. Know if the person has potentially developed immunity to the virus
3. Check the level of exposure to SARS-CoV-2
4. Get clarification on asymptomatic infection in the past
5. Check the immune status of individuals who have been infected and recovered
6. Test antibody level before getting vaccinated
7. Test the vaccine-induced immune response, post-vaccination
General Medicine, Infectious diseases specialist, Pulmonologist